TECHNIQUE. SKILLS. PERFORMANCE.
Thomas Kearney challenges the status quo of conventional golf instruction. Through the creation of an ever evolving coaching model he accelerates the learning process utilizing progressive coaching plans that engage a player's practice environment and ultimately maximizes on-course playing performance.
- Director of Golf Performance
- Thomas Kearney Golf
- San Antonio, Texas
- Head Men's and Women's Golf Coach
- St. Mary's University
- Heartland Conference Committee Chair
- Coaches Connection National Committee Member
- Golf Coaches Association of America (GCAA) Member
- Women's Golf Coaches Association of America (WGCA) Member
- National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) Member
- College Coach since 2012/2013 Season | Head Coach since 2016/2017 Season
- 18 team wins (11 as head coach), 20 individual titles (14 as head coach)
- 2 NCAA Regional Individual Champions
- 1 NCAA Regional Team Champion
- 7 Academic All Americans
- 5 All Americans
- 1 NCAA Individual Regional Championship title
- Coach of the Year honors 2016/2017 season
- 2 Heartland Conference Championship titles
- 10 NCAA Regional Appearances
- 2 NCAA National Championship Appearances
- All Heartland Conference Team Selections
- All Region Team Selections
- School Record Breaking Seasons for Program in 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 (first 2 seasons as head coach)
- Women: 5 team wins, 5 individual titles, NCAA regional appearance, NCAA Regional Champion, NCAA National Championship Appearance, Finished 5th at NCAA National Championship
- Men: 2 team wins, 2 individual wins, one heartland conference team championship win, heartland conference freshman of the year honors, all heartland conference team selections
- Men: 2 team wins, 4 individual wins, NCAA Regional Champion (1st time in program history), NCAA National Championship Appearance, 1 All American, finished 11th at NCAA National C’ship
- Women: 2 team wins, 2 All Americans, NCAA regional appearance, NCAA National Championship Appearance, Ranked #6 Team in Nation in Spring (lowest in programs history), finished ranked #14.
- Combined: both teams (men and women) finished were ranked top 20 in nation (first time in program history) with a combined PROGRAM ranking of #7.
- Proponent Group Member
- Mizuno Golf Brand Ambassador
- Swing Catalyst Certified Instructor (Biomechanics)
- TRUE Linkswear Brand Ambassador
- SeeMore Putter Institute (SPI) Certified Instructor
- Eyeline Golf Certified Instructor
- Trackman Certified
- DECADE Certified
- 20+ years of experience
- Alamo City Golf Trail Instructor
- Former Instructor, JCGA
- Former Lead Instructor, Shady Oaks Golf Club
- Former Instructor, First Tee of San Antonio
- PGA Tour Debut at 2010 Valero Texas Open
- Nationwide (Web.com) Tour Debut in 2009
- 5 Tournaments Wins as a Professional
- Holder of 3 Course Records
- Represented Irish National Amateur Team
- Collegiate Standout at the University of Texas at San Antonio
- Brand Ambassador for: TaylorMade, Sub70 Golf Apparel, Ecco Golf, SCNS Sports Foods, WellMed Medical Group, FIT for Golf, Aruba Eyewear, Sligo Wear Apparel
Thomas Kearney is a Certified Golf Performance Coach based in San Antonio, Texas. Progressively at the forefront of a paradigm shift in the golf instruction industry, Thomas is willing to question the status quo and move the game of golf forward to the next generation. With 20+ years of experience in the game, he has amassed vast amounts of knowledge in all aspects of golf performance. Learning from leading experts globally and through the evolution of his own personal research he has developed a systematic coaching model that proves to generate peak performance results.
Originally from the UK and Ireland, Thomas graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio where he was a standout player of the men's golf program. He subsequently embarked on a professional playing career competing on tours all over the world. He won 5 tournaments as a professional, made his Nationwide Tour (web.com tour) debut in 2009 and PGA Tour debut in 2010.
Thomas inherently believes in a holistic, all encompassing approach to golf coaching. Rather than follow the limited traditional golf instruction method he has created and continues to evolve a systematic method to accelerate learning and enhance player performance. Golf is a multifactorial sport (technical, tactical, physical and mental elements) and all these components must be applied in the process to maximize performance. Thomas involves himself with all aspects of a player's game and guides them in a direction that is most efficient and functional.