COACH. PRACTICE. PLAY.
Thomas Kearney challenges the status quo of conventional golf instruction. Through the creation of an ever evolving coaching model he accelerates the learning process utilizing progressive coaching plans that engage a player's practice environment and ultimately maximizes on-course playing performance for all ages and skill levels.
- Director of Golf Performance
- Thomas Kearney Golf, San Antonio, Texas
- College Coach
- St Mary's University, Men's and Women's Golf
- Golf Performance Coach - College Golf Coach - Junior Development Coach - Tour Player Consultant
- Proponent Group Member
- Mizuno Golf Brand Ambassador
- Swing Catalyst Certified Instructor (Biomechanics)
- TRUE Linkswear Brand Ambassador
- SeeMore Putter Institute (SPI) Certified Instructor
- Eyeline Golf Certified Instructor
- 20+ years of experience
- Former Instructor, JCGA
- Former Lead Instructor, Shady Oaks Golf Club
- Former Instructor, First Tee of San Antonio
- PGA Tour Debut at 2010 Valero Texas Open
- Nationwide (Web.com) Tour Debut in 2009
- 5 Tournaments Wins as a Professional
- Holder of 3 Course Records
- Represented Irish National Amateur Team
- Collegiate Standout at the University of Texas at San Antonio
- Brand Ambassador for: TaylorMade, Sub70 Golf Apparel, Ecco Golf, SCNS Sports Foods, WellMed Medical Group, FIT for Golf, Aruba Eyewear, Sligo Wear Apparel
Thomas Kearney is a Certified Golf Performance Coach based in San Antonio, Texas. Progressively at the forefront of a paradigm shift in the golf instruction industry, Thomas is willing to question the status quo and move the game of golf forward to the next generation. With 20+ years of experience in the game, he has amassed vast amounts of knowledge in all aspects of golf performance. Learning from leading experts globally and through the evolution of his own personal research he has developed a systematic coaching model that proves to generate peak performance results.
Originally from the UK and Ireland, Thomas graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio where he was a standout player of the men's golf program. He subsequently embarked on a professional playing career competing on tours all over the world. He won 5 tournaments as a professional, made his Nationwide Tour (web.com tour) debut in 2009 and PGA Tour debut in 2010.
Thomas inherently believes in a holistic, all encompassing approach to golf coaching. Rather than follow the limited traditional golf instruction method he has created and continues to evolve a systematic method to accelerate learning and enhance player performance. Golf is a multifactorial sport (technical, tactical, physical and mental elements) and all these components must be applied in the process to maximize performance. Thomas involves himself with all aspects of a player's game and guides them in a direction that is most efficient and functional.